* How long have you been using these communication technologies?
I started using social networking sites such as Myspace and Facebook, to keep in touch with friends, and reunite with old friends. I was first introduced to Myspace in 2007 and then Facebook not long after that. I have recently deleted my Myspace but I still use my Facebook regulary.
* What influenced you to start using these particular technologies? How did you find out about them?
On Norfolk Island, we were always last to know about new communication techologies such as Facebook. A girl from Australia moved to Norfolk and she introduced our class to Myspace, and from then we were up to speed.
* Is privacy an issue for you when using new technologies? What do you think of companies like Facebook and Google who collect information about their users? (How do you deal with issues around privacy?)
Privacy is'nt much of an issue to me. I never give out my phone number or address to any social networking site, but I guess people could easiy get it if they really wanted to. I don't really think about Google and Facebook collecting my infomation, because I am just one of millions and millons.
* Do you have friends whom you know only from the internet and have never met in person? Is this different to people that you know in person? Describe the difference.
I have no friends who i only know on the internet. Though I have had friend requests by random people on Facebook, and I once added one just out of curiosity. It was a man from Turkey wanting to get into Australia. I deleted him striaght away. Though I have never had a friend who i keep in contact with but that never met, i would imagine it would be very different, and not in a good way. I would always be wondering if anything they say is true, or if they had some sort of secret agenda.
No comments:
Post a Comment