*How is Wikipedia useful?
Wikipedia is a great website for satisfying curiosity, or for being a starting point when conducting research. It is awesome because it gives extremely thorough answers to a wide range of topics. It also includes citations so you can check the information’s reliability. Anyone can upload information on Wikipedia, so it isn’t the most reliable source of information but overall it is a very helpful website.
*Has anyone here edited Wikipedia? How hard is it?
I have never edited Wikipedia, but people who have tell me it is very straight forward.
* Why does Facebook work?
According to Social Media Statistic Australia, Facebook currently has around 9.8 million Australian visitors going to the site every month. It is now to social norm for many people to have a Facebook. Many young people, such as myself, have become addicted to this social networking site, therefore making it hard to imagine life without it. Facebook works because it is now not just a site for keeping in touch with friends. The sky is the limit with what you can do with this revolutionary social networking site.
* What would it take for you to close down your Facebook account?
If I was every cyber bullied on Facebook to the extent where I would be afraid to log on, I would close down my account. Also maybe if my profile kept getting hacked into or my photos were used for reasons I did not approve of. I guess it would have to be a big thing for me to shut it down since I’m pretty much addicted.
Reference
Social Media News 2011, Social media statistic Australia, viewed 15/09/2011
http://www.socialmedianews.com.au/social-media-statistics-australia-january-2011/
No comments:
Post a Comment