Wednesday, 21 September 2011

Week 8 Task 1

The question I have chosen to do my research on is:
  Does the extensive use of computer/video games have an adverse impact on the health of young people? What are the most recent papers? Clarify what both sides of the argument claim and only then offer your reasoned opinion based on facts.”
I have not yet started this essay but I have a few ideas. I have chosen to argue that the extensive use of video and commuter games does have an impact on a young person’s health.  However if I find more proof that it doesn’t then I will have to argue the contrary, but I am pretty sure it does because I  have seen it first hand, with the young people in my home town. Also there have been studies on shows such as Today Tonight, and I remember reading a few articles that say it does have a bad effect on a person’s health.
I chose to do this topic because to be honest I felt I would struggle with a lot of the other ones, and this seemed like a topic where I would have a chance to do well.

No comments:

Post a Comment